NOMINATIONS for the 2021 SOE Awards will open February 1st
and close February 21st, 2021
Applications from nominees will be accepted until March 21st, 2021!
The Spirit of Entrepreneurship Awards program date will be announced soon!, We will honor women entrepreneurs in Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties in the categories listed on the application below.
The SOE Awards™ celebrate and acknowledge women entrepreneurs who are making a difference in or with their business – regardless of the size of the business.
Who can be nominated?
If you know a woman entrepreneur who is building/has built a business, please nominate her! If you are that entrepreneur, please nominate yourself!
Who can fill out the Nomination Form?
Anyone familiar with the nominee or you can nominate yourself.
Once someone is nominated once they are then invited to fill in an Awards Submission Form.
What are we looking for?
When the nominee fills out the application, we will be looking for examples in any of the following areas of how the entrepreneur:
- Contributed to their community, e.g.: financially, created jobs, giving back, etc.
- Demonstrated innovation
- Developed a brand presence and has built their business or nonprofit
- Achieved success
How does SOE define Entrepreneur?
One or more of the following:
- Founder or Co-Founder and still working in the business
- Owner of a significant percentage of the business
(NOTE: It is not a requirement to have started the business)
What about Nonprofit CEOs or Executive Directors?
We welcome nominations for Nonprofit CEOs or Executive Directors who meet one or more of these criteria:
- Founder or Co-Founder and still leading the organization
- Leader of the nonprofit for 5 years or more and the organization has significantly increased its impact
What categories are included in 2020?
- Arts & Entertainment - Businesses involved in the arts and entertainment fields
- Green & Social Entrepreneur - Any business, regardless of industry, focused on improving environment or focused on social good.
- Health & Wellness - Businesses in the health and fitness industry as well as doctors and other health care professionals.
- Hospitality & Tourism - Business categories may include restaurants, caterers, event planners, hospitality, tourism industry.
- Media & Communications - Business categories include public relations, advertising, marketing, publishing or other business that involves media or communications.
- Non Profit - Founder of an organization for social good, or CEO/Executive Director for 5+ years, who has significantly increased impact
- Professional Services - Businesses providing a service in any field, e.g., building, consulting, financial, legal, real estate, etc.
- Retail - All retail businesses.
- Science & Technology - Businesses involved in science, technology, mathematics, engineering, etc.
- Wholesale, Manufacturing & Global Trade - Wholesale and/or manufacturing businesses; global trade.
Don’t see a category that fits? That’s ok! On your application please select your best choice or even choose more than one if you aren't sure. We will figure out the final category selection for you.